Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Questions...

I have the hardest time getting up in the morning (probably because I go to bed so late and my son has been awful since he broke his leg). This poses 2 problems. Working out on an empty stomach and eating breakfast at the time I am supposed to during the day. I am so rushed to get Brianna to school that I don't end up getting to the gym until 9:30. Since you are supposed to workout on an empty stomach, I can't eat breakfast until 10:30 and then it pushes all my meals back, so I end up just doing a snack instead of breakfast. Do I absolutely need to workout on an empty stomach? Or if so, I end up needing to eat more calories at night and I think that is so bad to eat much later after dinner. Any suggestions? For the sake of argument, let's pretend that I seriously can't ever workout before 9:30.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm not a morning person either (nursing baby, sleepwalking kids, etc.) and Erik is gone to school from 7:30 am to 5 pm. So if I wanted to go to the gym in the morning I'd have to get up around 5:30 or 6. NOT HAPPENING! So I don't get to the gym until after dinner and most nights not until the kiddos are sleeping so like 8:30 pm. I think it's better to do the workouts on an empty stomach in the morning but since I can't do that I just do a little extra with the workout...like after weights walking on the treadmill for awhile or pushing myself a little bit more on my cardio days. That seemed to help move my weight loss on a little bit more. I'm not an expert or anything but I you have to adapt this to your life and if working out in the morning just isn't going to work than you have to find what works for you. Hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

And remember to just keep on keepin on! (I got that from Joe Dirt if no one else remembers that movie but me!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
This is Erik. I'm so glad you guys are doing the diet. I really like it and I am still doing it after all this time. Remember that it's hardest during the first month then it gets easier. The body takes some time to really get used to it. I have been taking the holidays off but it's really easy to just star right back up and difference in you feel is obvious. The diet start with the grocery store. I find it's easiest to only have the health food at home so that's all you have to choose from when it's time to eat. Good luck with it and don't get discouraged if the change seems to be slow. It really does work with time. We can't wait to see you guys again.

Erik

TheVillamorFamily said...

Hi- I came across your blog and just wanted to comment:) Who is telling you that you need to eat on an empty stomach? The diet? I am not familiar with Body for Life but have read and tried many, many eating plans. Maybe have some protein when you wake up to help you get through until you are done working out? Like a couple egg whites? I like to keep boiled eggs on hand for times like this. I have heard if you eat a little something it will give you more energy when you work out?? Good luck!