Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bad Day

I've been having a bad couple of days. We've been doing a lot of shopping lately with all of the clearance sales going on and it's so frustrating to want to buy some really cute clothes but I'm STILL not thin enough. Erik and I have been doing this diet for 2 months now and I've only lost 10 pounds! When we started this a year ago (before I was pregnant with Makayla) I lost 10 pounds in one month! So by now I should have lost 20 pounds, right? Why am I struggling so bad? Is it just the fact that I just had a baby 4 months ago? Is it that my body has decided to hold on to the weight more than it used to? Am I doing something wrong? Usually when someone is nursing a baby they lose weight easily...of course that doesn't apply to me! That would be too easy! I do have good weeks where I do really good with the workouts and eating everything just right and then bad weeks where I don't go to the gym like I should or I let myself eat things I shouldn't eat. Either way, nothing changes. It's very disconcerting when you don't see results for weeks. Sorry this is so down...just feeling very AHHHH! It helps to write this down though...very therapeutic!

1 comment:

rowdystroudy said...

Hello to another woman who doesn't lose weight easily when breastfeeding! I am so glad you wrote this because it gives me the chance to tell you NOT TO WORRY! It does take so much more time and you definitely need to give yourself a break. It's only been 4months since you had her, you don't get enough sleep, and the fact that you have "3" children that you are trying to raise well has A LOT to do with the slowness. It takes time..so keep plugging along and it WILL come off.
I am frustrated with myself since I have been doing this for 2 weeks and have only lost 4 pounds. But then I think..muscle weighs more and I am changing my body and eventually it will even out. I am healthier and stronger and even when I mess up..I get right back on. Just because it's slow doesn't mean it isn't happening. I even remember when I was on weight watchers and would sometimes only lose 8 oz!! But hey..I wasn't gaining and I was losing, so it was a reason to celebrate. This week I am finding 1 thing to "tweek"..like I'm not eating after 7pm etc. Eventually, my friend, we will reach our goals:)