Monday, March 3, 2008

Count me in!

As of today, I am jumping on the wagon.. Body for life works and I love it when I do it. But I should say upfront that I am not exactly a purist body-for-lifer. I have mayonnaise on my turkey sandwiches and make my protein shakes with milk. I know, what a cheater.

My husband, sister and friend are all doing this with me, so some of the experiences and tips I share may come from them. For one, my sister, Kamie always makes up a big thing of doubly concentrated shake in the morning so she can take a swig of protein, whenever she really needs a carb. I have found that to be a great technique and adopted it as a daily practice.

Also, I love to make up a batch of salsa chicken in the crocker every other week. it's just salsa and chicken tenders/breasts, on low for six hours. Shred it and wrap it up in a tortilla. mmm..

Today was kind of a crappy day to start. I couldn't get to the grocery store because I had to babysit all morning and afternoon. Now my kids are asleep, and soon my hungry husband is going to be home wondering what BFL approved delight we will be devouring for dinner. Better get creative.

1 comment:

rowdystroudy said...

SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!